The main objective of this programme is to support biodiversity conservation in Cameroon. We will ensure the sustainable management of wildlife species in both protected and unprotected areas, and restoration of degraded landscape.
The following activities will be implemented in collaboration with local community and government stakeholders;
- Carry out surveys and monitoring of the protected areas.
- Carry out wildlife research.
- Assist in boundary opening, tracing, and demarcation of protected areas.
- Community sensitization and outreach,
- Recruit national and international volunteers to support research and ecotourism.
- Setting up of tree nurseries.
- Identify and Planting of environmentally friendly tree in water catchments degraded areas in collaboration with stakeholders.
- Sensitization on illegal poaching and unsustainable fishing practices,
- Creation and support local community governance structures to regulate illegal hunting of wildlife and unsustainable fishing practices
- Establish a comprehensive database of species harvested.